How to get there?
Public transportation is advised.
Take the MRT：
Bannan Line（blue line）：
- Take the MRT Bannan Line and get off at the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall station. Walk along the Guangfu South Rd. towards the south direction to the 4th section of Renai Rd. Then, walk towards the east direction for about 13 minutes.
** South direction/ east direction – this is not very easy to understand. Its better for “Turn right on” or “Turn left on”
- Take the MRT Bannan Line and get off at the Taipei City Hall station. Walk along the Keelung Rd. towards the south direction to City Hall Rd. for about 6 minutes.
Tamsui-Xinyi Line（red line）：
- Take the MRT Tamsui-Xinyi Line and get off at Taipei 101. Walk along City Hall Rd. towards the south direction for about 6 minutes.
Outer Cities Traveler：
- To whom takes the train, High Speed Rail(THSR) or coach, please transfer to Taipei MRT Red line or Blue line at the Taipei Main station or Nangang station.
- To whom arrives at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) please take Taoyuan Airport MRT or KUO-KUANG Bus to Taipei Main Station, and then take Taipei Metro to (Red Line) Taipei 101/World Trade Center Station or to (Blue line) City Hall Station.
- To whom arrives at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) or Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA), please take Taoyuan Airport MRT or coach to get to the site.
Stage Built Up and Demolish, at area surround Taipei City Hall (Three stages)
- Stage A: 12/23 09:00 to 12/25 12:00
East 5 lanes of City Hall Rd.(between Songshou Rd. and Songgao Rd.) closed.
- Stage B: 12/25 12:00 to 12/27 00:00
East 5 lanes of City Hall Rd.(between Songshou Rd. and Songgao Rd.) and New Renai Rd. closed.
- Stage C: 12/27 01:00 to 1/2 07:00
City Hall Rd. (between Songshou Rd. and Songgao Rd.) and Sec.4 Renai Rd (New Renai Rd.). closed.
Traffic Restricted Area at 12/31 New Year’s Eve Countdown Party (Three Stages)
- Stage 1: 12/31 19:00
The restricted area will be a single way, all vehicles are restricted to leave not enter. Area including, Keelung Rd., Renai Rd., Zhongxiao East Rd., Songren Rd., Xinyi Rd., Songshou Rd.
- Stage 2: 12/31 20:00
Besides of restricted area at the first stage, all vehicles are not allowed to enter or leave. at Yixian Rd. and Renai Rd. (section between Yixian Rd. and Guangfu S. Rd.).
- Stage 3: 12/31 22:00 to 1/1 03:00
The restricted area will be expanded to Guangfu S. Rd., Zhongxiao East Rd., Ln.236 Sec. 5 Zhongxiao East Rd., Songde Rd., Xinyi Rd., Keelung Rd., Songren Rd. and Zhuangjing Rd.
Note: The police may expand the traffic control region depending on any situation on the scene.
- Keelung Viaduct: Ram control in intersection of Keelung Rd. and Leye Rd. Vehicles should take exit to intersection of Keelung Rd. and Dunhua S. Rd.
- HuanDong and Tiding Blvd.: Ram control at exit to Keelung Rd., vehicles should drive west towards Civic Blvd. Viaduct at ChengChi Bridge.
- Civic Blvd. Viaduct: Vehicles driving East towards Civic Blvd. and Guangfu exit are not allowed to turn right to Guangfu South Rd. at intersection of Civic Blvd. and Guangfu South Rd.
- Xinyi Expressway: Vehicles may leave downtown via Xinyi Expressway. While driving toward downtown, vehicles may only turn right onto Songde Rd., and left turns onto City Hall Rd. is restricted.
- Parking and temporary parking are not allowed (except buses) between 12/31/2019 17:00 - 1/1/2019 03:00 for the following sections below:
- East side of Guangfu S. Rd. (Keelung Rd.－Wenchang St.)
- North side of Renai Rd. (Yanji St－Dunhua S. Rd.) and slow traffic lane at south side
- West side of Sec. 2, Keelung Rd. (Wenchang St.－ Guangfu S. Rd.)
- West side of Songde Rd. (Xinyi Rd.－Hulin St.)
- Temporary Parking is cancelled from 12/31/2019 17:00 to 1/1/2020 03:00 for the following sections below:
- Yanji St. (Civic Blvd. -Xinyi Rd.)
- Songxin Rd. (Songlong Rd. - Zhongxiao E. Rd)
- 236 Lane, Section 5, Zhongxiao E. Rd. (Zhongxiao E. Rd.- Lane 168, Songde Rd.)
- 168 Lane, Songde Rd. (Songde Rd. -236 Lane, Section 5, Zhongxiao E. Rd.)
- All parking lots in the control area (Guangfu S. Rd., Zhongxiao E. Rd., Xinyi Rd., Songren Rd. and Songzhi Rd.) are not allowed to be parked between 12/31/2019 17:00 - 1/1/2020 03:00.
- Since 12/31/2018 19:00, parking lots in the control area, vehicles may only exit as entering is not allowed. At 20:00, all vehicles are prohibited. Controlling will be over after 1/1/2019 03:00.
Bike and YouBike control
- There will be crowded in the New Year's Countdown Party, so please get off your bicycle and move it along. YouBike control in the New Year's Eve
- YouBike 於108年12月31日17時至109年1月1日3時進行二階段管制，管制措施如下：
- First stage: period from 12/31/2019 17:00 to 1/1/2020 03:00 will closures. MRT National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (Exit 2), Taipei City Hall, Citizen Square, Xingya Jr. High School, NAN SHAN PLAZA, Xinyi Square (Taipei 101), TWTC Exhibition Hall 3, Sanchangli, MRT Taipei 101/World Trade Center, MRT Xiangshan, Renai & Yixian Intersection, Songde Park, Xinyi & Keelung Intersection. 13 closures in total.
- Second stage: period from 12/31/2019 19:00 to 1/1/2020 03:00 the closures will be expanded: Emergency Operations Center of Taipei City, Xiangshan Park, MRT Xinyi Anhe Sta. (Exit.4), Keelung & Guangfu Intersection, Renai & Yanji Intersection, Sanxing Park, MRT Xinyi Anhe Sta. (Exit. 1). 7 closures in total.
- Return station suggestion: Songshan Vocational High School, Futai Park, Longmen Square, MRT Daan Sta., Taipei Medical University. 5 stations in total.
For more details on official website of Youbike or Taiwan Tourist Shuttle service APP.
Other traffic regulations：Xinyi Commercial Center、bridges、underground passage will be controlled from 12/31 19:00
- From 12/31/2019 19:30, traffic control at 19:30 (no coach will be shifted) and exit only for people at Taipei City Hall Transit Station after 21:30, and 22:00 will be fully under control.
- From 12/31/2019 21:00, people can exit from second floor of Taipei City Hall Transit Station (no entry allowed) and will be fully under control at 22:00.
- Underground passage of Taipei City Hall will be controlled from 12/31 21:00 and be closed at 12/31 22:00.
- Underground passage of MRT Taipei 101/Word Trade Center will be controlled from 12/31 21:00 and be closed at 12/31 22:00.
- Underground passage of Breeze center Xinyi to Uni-President Department Store and Breeze center Xinyi to MRT Taipei City Hall Exit 3) will be controlled from 12/31 21:00 and be closed at 12/31 22:00.
- All of bridges among stores will be closed before 21:00, and clearance at 22:00 for future emergency use.
- Xinyi & Keelung Intersection air bridge is not allowed to enter since 12/31 22:00.
Late Night Transportation?
- Will be continuous operation for 42 hours (Xiaobitan and Xinbeitou Branch lines will operate until 1/1/2020 00:00)
- The MaoKong Gondola will be continuous operating until 1/1 2020 02:00. And the departure time of bus 10 in MaoKong area will be postpone to 01:00 and last shift of Brown 15 will be extended to 01:20.
Bus Services (Three Routes, 12/31/2019 24:00 to 1/1/2020 01:30)
- Toward “Taipei Main Station”: departure at intersection of Renai Rd. and Yanji St., one-zone fare.
- Toward “Gongguan Station”: departure at intersection of Keelung Rd. and Wenchang St., one-zone fare.
- Toward “Muzha and Jinmei Districts”, departure at Songde Rd., and Xinyi Rd., fare based on zones.
- Taoyuan Metro: There will be continuous operation for 42 hours for countdown party. For more information, please visit the official website of Taoyuan Metro.
- Taiwan High Speed Rail: Please visit the official website of Taiwan High Speed Rail for extra shift information of 1/1/2020.
- Taiwan Railways: For more Information regarding to extra shift on 1/1/2020, please visit the official website of Taiwan Railways.
- Metro New Taipei: will be continuous operation for 42 hours, and for more information, please visit the official website of Metro New Taipei.
- Circular line: will still be not available.